This guide is a starting point for students in the Master of Studies in Law at UNM who are researching in support of a scholarly paper. If you have any questions, please contact the Law Library reference desk at (505) 277-0935 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Research Process: Creating a research strategy that fits your question.
- Databases: A brief introduction to the most important research tools.
- Secondary Sources: Sources that comment on, summarize, and analyze the law. Invaluable to scholarly research.
- Statutes: Identifying relevant law from the legislative branch of government.
- Regulations & Administrative Decisions: Identifying relevant law from the executive branch of government.
- Cases: Identifying relevant law from the judicial branch of government.
- Citators: Reveals the subsequent treatment of the law you are relying upon.
- Legal Citation: Introduction to Bluebook, the citation format guide for the field of law.